Monday, July 12, 2010

explosion

we had our first tube "mishap" today. we were in the store shopping for a lightweight stroller that is high enough so that miss kaiya doesn't drag her feet on the ground. i found one i wanted to try out, turned around to take kaiya out of the cart, and saw that her shirt was all wet. i didn't think that she had drooled that much in the minute it took me to get the stroller down so i lifted her shirt to inspect. the cap had come undone on her tube. kaiya had just been given a can of pediasure about 45 minutes before...needless to say it was all over her. i gave myself a minute to have a private freak out session in my head - and then i wheeled her very quickly through the store and out the door. undigested pediasure smells AWFUL. kaiya thought that it was all a big fun game though. oy....

the kiddo isn't really too wild about eating by mouth lately. she's pretty much refusing everything. i don't know if it was because she was constipated, but we took care of that and she's still being a stinker. not making mama a happy camper at all. good thing we have the backup...

3 comments:

Yin May said...

It's a double edged sword the g-button. maybe she knows she can get full now without eating. dealing with constipation over this side too... : (

Cathy said...

Kelly,
Annabel is 36" long and 32 lbs. She is almost a square, ha ha!
This TPN is such a pain. She was 26 lbs. in may in the hospital and
34" long. This is huge growth for her and my body ache. They say they put children on the TPN/Lipids for the year before transplant. I can see why, they want to beef them up and make them healthy Down side is your liver, though.
How has akaiya been? I keep looking for an update.

Cathy said...

Excuse me girl, I am back and can't find an update. I keep checking and Kelly and Akaiya aren't here! I know you are so busy with school starting just miss seeing her sweet face.