Monday, November 3, 2008

he's the man

i'm sitting on the couch watching my dad play with kaiya and it's probably one of my favorite things to do. kaiya absolutely adores her papa - and it's obvious that the feeling is returned. they play the "who can yell the loudest" game, or the "tie you in a knot" game, or her favorite "echo the crazy sound" game. whatever games they are playing, kaiya is ALWAYS smiling and laughing. and he's usually smiling and laughing too :)

ever since kaiya was a teeny tiny little baby the two of them have had a special bond. i was continually turning to my mom and asking her "was he like that with me when i was a baby?" i still do ask her that... he continues to amaze me all the time with how wonderful and accepting he is. the first person he looks for when he comes in is "the noisy baby", and if she lets out a wail he is the first one to come running to see what is the matter. kaiya has a whole set of "i love you looks" that are just for him.

i guess it really is true, you never appreciate your parents until you become a parent yourself.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I think we all need the reminders, thank you, Kelly!